There are so many uses for honey besides enjoying its sweet taste. In this post I am going to go over the beauty benefits of raw honey. Did you know that raw honey contains natural antioxidants that are great to treat wrinkles and aging skin? And the antibiotic properties of honey can be used to combat acne. Honey opens up and unclogs pores to help clarify your skin. It's a wonderful moisturizer that soothes sensitive skin. It was said to be favorite beauty product of Cleopatra. Listed below are a few ways to use raw honey in your natural beauty routine.
1) Honey Facial Mask - Make your skin glow with one simple ingredient! Use a generous amount of raw honey and coat your whole face. Let it remain for 5-20 minutes and rinse with warm water. You will be amazed at how your face feels afterwards.
2) Honey Spot Treatment - Here is another easy one, just put a dot of raw honey on a trouble spot for acne. Honey opens up pores, draws out impurities, and calms inflammation. It's amazing how fast it works! It's gentle and effective.
3) Honey & Almond Scrub - Put some raw almonds in a coffee grinder and mix half ground almonds and half raw honey together. Use it anywhere you want to exfoliate. I heard it said somewhere that you shouldn't put anything on your body that you wouldn't eat, and this one is pretty tasty!
4) Honey Scrub 2 - Mix 2 parts honey with 1 part baking soda for a fast facial scrub. You can also use it anywhere from head to toe to smooth and moisturize your skin.
5) Honey Bath Soak - Enjoy a relaxing bath with honey. Just add up to 2 cups of raw honey to your bath. Your choice of essential oil fragrance can be added. You can also add a couple cups of milk, which help remove dead skin cells. Your skin will love this. Relax and enjoy!
6) Hair Rinse - Keep your hair healthy and shiny by rinsing with honey water. I haven't tried this one yet, but I am going to as I am always trying every product there is for shiny smooth hair that comes on the market! Just mix 2 teaspoons of raw honey with 3 cups of water and a little bit of lemon juice and rinse your hair with it. Then style is as you usually would. I'll let you know if it works for me!
7) Daily Honey Hair Infusion - Combine a teaspoon of raw honey with your regular shampoo on a daily basis to keep your hair healthy, moisturized, and shiny.
8) Sunburn Relief - Soothe and heal sunburns with raw honey. Just dab it on for relief.
9) Minimize Scars - Apply raw honey to any scar you want to help fade faster and cover with a bandage before you go to bed each night. In the morning, just cleanse the area gently.
10) Nail Conditioner - Mix half raw honey with half apple cider vinegar and coat your cuticles and nails. Leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse for strengthened nails and softer cuticles.
11) After Shave Balm - Apply straight raw honey to shaved areas to prevent those unsightly bumps and boils that can appear after shaving. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse.
12) Lip Conditioner Scrub - Mix 1 teaspoon raw honey with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and a few drops of lemon juice and mix. Apply it to your lips for 10 minutes and then rub to exfoliate for smooth kissable lips!
I think everyone should just immerse their whole bodies in honey a few times a week! Honey is an amazing natural product. Not all honey is the same though, be sure to look for raw unfiltered honey to reap the benefits. Most mass marketed honey on the store shelves has been heated and highly filtered, which destroys active enzymes and removes beneficial nutrients.
I hope you all enjoyed this post. Let me know your results if your try any of them by posting a comment. I'll let you know how the hair rinse works!
With aloha, Linda